FURALAC FN Mortar is a 2-component carbon-filled mortar used to bond and bed acid brick in high temperature chemical environments.
Bond and bed chemical resistant masonry including acid brick, carbon brick and tile in:
• Wet gas/hot gas interfaces
• Quench tanks
• Wet gas scrubbers
• Humidifying towers
• Reaction tanks
Furalac FN Mortar may be used in lieu of silicate mortars where they fail to withstand scrubber solution degradation at hot gas inlets.
• Continuous temperature resistance to 420°F (215°C), intermittent to 480°F (250°C)
• Broad resistance to acids, alkalis and solvents
• Resistant to strong sodium hydroxide
• Resistant to hydrofluoric acid
• Electrically conductive
• Easy workability, non-slumping consistency
• Rapid strength gain