FURALAC Membrane is a multi layer mat reinforced furan resin based laminate lining system that can be applied onto concrete, FRP, or steel substrates. It has excellent chemical resistance to a wide range of aggressive acids, caustics, and solvents. The service temperature and chemical resistance of this membrane/lining make it suitable for consideration in applications exceeding the limitations of epoxy, polyester and vinyl ester systems. Depending upon the chemical service to which the membrane will be exposed, different mat reinforcements can be used. It is typically installed at a nominal 1/8 in thickness. Consult Corrosion Engineering specification CES-295 for complete installation details.
• Solvent containment applications
• Chemical transfer stations
• Membrane under chemical resistant masonry linings
• Secondary containment areas
• Tall oil reactors and black liquor tanks
• Chemical process floor areas
• Trenches, sumps, pits
• Process vessls
• Spent acid storage tanks
• Excellent range of chemical resistance including organic solvents.
• Fast cure for quick turnaround work.
• System includes an elastomeric basecoat to relieve thermal stresses between the substrate and the reinforced membrane.
• Lining may be applied to different substrates - concrete, steel, FRP.
• For exposures to hydrofluoric acid, fluoride salts or hot caustics, synthetic reinforcements are to be substituted for fiberglass reinforcing mat/veil.
• FURALAC Membrane reinforced thermoset lining exhibits a low degree of permeability.