PENNTROWEL 250 Epoxy Underlayment is a high performance silica-filled epoxy based underlayment. It has been formulated with the most up-to-date resin technology to withstand high temperatures and thermal cycling. It exhibits excellent chemical, abrasion, and impact resistance. PENNTROWEL 250 Epoxy Underlayment is specifically designed for use in wet areas that are difficult to keep dry during installation. It may be applied over damp concrete or placed into areas with standing water. The installed, cured underlayment exhibits excellent physical properties and adhesion.
PENNTROWEL 250 Epoxy Underlayment can be applied in a wide variety of thicknesses. When resurfacing exceeds two inches, up to 25% pea gravel may be added. Peagravel or other aggregates must be dry and free of salt and other contaminants. Consult Corrosion Engineering specification CES-232 for complete installation details.
• Repair or patch worn or deteriorated concrete floors, stairs, or pump bases. PENNTROWEL 250 Epoxy Underlayment is compatible with the following Corrosion Engineering systems: PENNTROWEL Floor Surfacer Systems, THINSETTM Adhesive, TUFCHEMTM Tiling Systems, TUFCHEM II Membrane, PENNTROWEL L/F Systems, and PENNCOATTM Membrane/Lining Systems.
• Unlike latex-based underlayments, PENNTROWEL 250 Epoxy Underlayment is compatible with Vinyl Ester Systems. Consult Corrosion Engineering before using with Vinyl Ester Systems.
• Designed for areas that are difficult to keep dry during installation.
• Higher compressive, tensile, and flexural strength compared to regular sand/ cement mixes.
• Fast strength development - allows for quick installation of subsequent lining system on repaired concrete without costly down time.
• Moisture tolerant. Excellent adhesion to properly prepared substrates. • Components are proportioned for easy mixing.